Review Crew

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pen Pal Kids Club Review and Giveaway!!!!

 

ppkc-logoPen Pal Kids Club is a safe, interactive website for children.  It takes the experience of having a pen pal from another state or country to a higher level than just letter writing can achieve.  Parents are able to completely monitor their child’s experience on Pen Pal Kids Club through a parent account.  Parents can consent to or reject requests and can control how kids can interact on the website.  The site itself is very simple to navigate.  Most kids today are so “tech savvy” they will have no trouble navigating it.  As “non-tech-savvy” as I am, I still found the site easy and fun to navigate.  My dd and on of my ds’s are going to enjoy interacting on Pen Pal Kids Club this summer and Fall as we study countries of the world.  I think this site is a great enhancement to any study of geography or World History.  It is lots of fun for the kids to play the games.  They don’t even realize they are learning as they play.    Here is a little information about Pen Pal Kids Club:

Pen Pal Kids Club is the world's only safe, translated, global social network for children. Pen Pal Kids Club is an edu-tainment website where kids can freely SHARE, EXPLORE & PLAY with other kids around the world.  '"I have always believed that if kids had the opportunity to experience one another on a ‘global playground,’ learned prejudices would be virtually non-existent,” says Pen Pal Kids Club Creator and Co-Founder Shelley A. Aliotti. “Here is that opportunity,” she adds.

Many of today's parents grew up with pen pals -- friends from other parts of the world with whom they exchanged letters.  Pen Pal Kids Club fosters these nostalgic relationships and takes it to a new level, thanks to the automated and filtered safe translations in 7 key languages - English, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, French, Italian and German! 

Pen Pal Kids Club's interactive games entertain, as well as teach about other countries and cultures.  On the site, kids will establish their likes, interests and country locations all within the safety of an avatar, which protects their personal identities. 

Within the Pen Pal Kids Club site, high quality, fresh, relevant information is provided through an exclusive partnership with Encyclopedia Britannica, Inc. for Kids.  This database is the world's leading online encyclopedia, collecting and offering data since 1768.  This partnership delivers age-appropriate and accurate text, graphs and videos 24/7 to every child, without any links to take them off the Pen Pal Kids Club protected site.

"Through the latest in technology and around-the-clock monitoring by administrators, Pen Pal Kids Club ensures that no inappropriate activities are taking place...guaranteed."  Aliotti also adds, "We believe it is up to the parents to have full control of his or her child's activities with their personal Parent Controls within the site.  This control allows a child to only share as much information and content as his or her parent is comfortable with."

Pen Pal Kids Club is one of the best deals around in interactive games for kids.  For the month of July, you can try the site out for free.  After July, it is only $4.99 / month.  That’s a little less than $60 a year!  Wow!  I pay more than that for a textbook or a video game.  I am so excited about Pen Pal Kids Club.  I know my kids are, too! 

As a special bonus, Pen Pal Kids Club is offering one of my readers a free 3-month subscription to the site.  To be entered for this, please follow the blog and leave me a comment below, including your e-mail address, letting me know why you would like to win.  The winner will be chosen at random on July 28.

“Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi there!! This is Amy from the FB TOS Homeschool crew post. Thanks for sharing your blog. :)

Mine is www.nine-ninety-one.blogspot.com