Since nothing began without the Lord God, history is actually the mighty story of what He has initiated, revealed about Himself, and said to be true. People are not the makers of history, He is. God initiates and people respond... thus history happens.
This huge difference transforms the deepest nature of your history study. It impresses your children with the involvement and impact of God above that of people. History becomes a convincing demonstration of His nature, power, and love. Truth-revealing history is no mere recitation of the past, but prepares for the present and future! It is the mission of TruthQuest History to provide deep daily support and freeing direction in that great endeavor!”
God initiates > People respond > History happens.
This is the mission statement of TruthQuest History. It is so evident in the TruthQuest products! We were given the Age of Revolution II guide to use for purpose of review. I must say, I feel like I have only scratched the surface. TruthQuest History is changing the way I not only want to teach history, but also the way my kids learn history. I want them to see the history of the world from a Christian worldview. I want them to always recognize the hand of God in our existence. TruthQuest guides give us the resources to do this.
I was not quite sure what to expect before receiving TruthQuest. I have been used to curriculum that dictates lessons in student / teacher textbooks. TruthQuest is so different. I’m sure those who use a Charlotte Mason or living books approach to education are very familiar with the style of TruthQuest, but I
There would be no way anyone could read all of the books suggested, of course. It is fabulous that such a large list is provided. It makes finding appropriate books very easy. The books are listed as ‘spine’ books (books that serve as the backbone for your entire study), ‘insight books’ (books which are more specific to selected topics), and ‘snapshot books’ (books that can supplement other reading on a topic). The books suggested for each topic are listed by appropriate grade level, and, when appropriate a brief synopsis or annotation about the book is provided.
Scattered through the lessons are opportunities for students to do ThinkWrite exercises. These are writing activities designed to help students digest the material they have been learning. These writing exercises are much more meaningful than just requiring students to regurgitate facts. Suggested answers are provided for the parent/teacher, but, students have a lot of freedom to synthesize information and express opinion in light of fact.
I am looking forward to implementing TruthQuest History from the beginning of the school year. I have been looking at the 3-year plan suggestions and really think it would provide a great, comprehensive, World and American History study for my kids. We have been doing several studies lately which really emphasize developing a strong Christian worldview and TruthQuest History reinforces that completely.
Other crew members have used and reviewed the other TruthQuest History guides. To read about their experiences, visit the main crew blog, here. To examine the TruthQuest History guides more closely, and to be able to download samples, visit the TruthQuest History website. Trust me, it will take you quite a while to delve through all of the information on the website! There is so much available! It is amazing! The guides are very reasonably priced. The Age of Revolution II guide that we are using is priced at $24.95 for the .pdf version (which we are using) and $29.95 for the print version. This guide is over 300 pages in length. I have enjoyed the .pdf version because there really are no activities requiring printing. I can use the entire guide from my computer or IPad. It is really convenient to have it on an e-reader device for library or bookstore trips.
I highly recommend TruthQuest History products for any family seeking to provide a strong Christian worldview in their history studies. We will be using more of their products in the years to come.
Disclaimer: As a member of the TOS Crew, I received this product, at no cost to me, in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are mine.


No comments:
Post a Comment