Review Crew

Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 1–Creamy Italian Chicken

I absolutely love using my crock-pot!  Yes, I am a crock-pot addict.  Sometimes I wish that I had 3 or 4 crock-pots.  It is so simple to dump in my ingredients first thing in the morning and not have to worry about dinner for the rest of the day.  Next to my crock-pot, my favorite invention of all time is crock-pot liners.  Whoever came up with this idea was a genius!  I never have to scrub my crock-pot – not even after cooking chili!  For the next five days I am going to highlight some of my favorite crock-pot recipes.  I have a large family, so my recipes are for a  six quart crock-pot.  If your family is smaller, either adjust the recipe down or enjoy a lot of leftovers. 

Our first recipe is for ‘Creamy Italian Chicken.’ This is so simple that my kids can make it.  There are only four main ingredients.  I serve it over rice, or over noodles, or even over steamed veggies.  I have even mixed rice or noodles into the sauce and shredded the chicken into it and served it like a casserole.  It really doesn’t matter which way I serve it, my family devours it.  So, are you ready for the recipe?  Here it is:

Dump into your crock-pot:  3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts; 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 2 eight ounce packages of cream cheese, and 2 envelopes “Good Seasons” Italian Dressing Mix.  Cook on high power for 8 hours. 

When this is done, I like to take the chicken out of the sauce and then whisk the sauce until smooth – the cream cheese doesn’t always like to melt smoothly.

Want to see what it looks like?  Here is a picture of my Creamy Italian Chicken served over steamed veggies. Doesn’t it look yummy?!!! Tomorrow – a great soup recipe!

photo (1)

To visit other ‘5 Days of . . . ‘ blogs, check them out here.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Lynn @ TDHGP said...

This looks YUMMY! And so easy. I love cooking with my crockpot, too!

oneblessedmamma said...

We just had almost this same recipe via e-meals and my kids loved it. One tip for cleaning the crock pot that I picked up (if you don't use liners) is to put a glob of dishwasher liquid soap (the kind you actually use in a dishwasher) in it and fill it with hot water. Let it sit for a while. It usually comes clean with very little elbow grease involved that way!

Unknown said...

I am so excited about this series! I love my crockpot, too, but I don't use it nearly enough. hoping to be inspired!

Michelle said...

I LOVE My crockpot. I could have 4 and use them all, breakfast, lunch, supper and dessert.

Quick question...if you want to add rice, when do you add it? I've not had good luck with rice or noodle cooking.

Part of the 5 days of...and I'll be back. Plus pinning this super easy recipe and letting the kids try it this Sunday.

Vickie said...

Yummy!!! I'm making this tomorrow!!! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to reading more crockpot recipes. I need to utilize mine more especially in the summer time. OK...all year LOL

We use an 18 qt roaster oven for a crockpot. Most recipes have to be doubled for our family :) Something like this though, I should be able to get away with using the regular crockpot.