Here is the reading challenge:
Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to read for a minimum of 20 hours between June 15 and August 15. For every 10 hours completed, you will earn a surprise gift card. You may read for more than 20 hours. Your reading time must be documented and/or verified by an adult. Mom and Dad reserve the right to discuss your reading with you to see if you are
This is going to be printed and presented to the kids along with a reading log. I know how competitive my kids are; and, I know how much they love to get gift cards for ITunes, restaurants, the movies, etc… I am praying this will motivate them to read and hopefully will instill a love for reading for fun. I’ll let you know how it goes. If you would like a copy of the reading challenge and reading log, please e-mail me at sbdugger@aol.com, with ‘Summer Reading Challenge’ in the subject line. I look forward to hearing from you!
My friends on the Schoolhouse Review Crew have been coming up with other fun ideas for summer reading. If you would like to read some of their great blog posts, visit the Blog Cruise page, here, or click on the picture below.




No comments:
Post a Comment