I have been a fan of products from Knowledge Quest for several years. Terri Johnson always produces quality products with great value. Needless to say, when I received the Map-Trek: Complete Collection 6-Ebook Set, I was not disappointed.
I am working on combining history and geography this year in our studies, and this huge set of maps is just what we needed to complete our curriculum. With the 6-Ebook Set, we received close to 600 pages of blackline maps and keys. Terri has already included lesson plans that can be used with the maps, so, all I have to do is coordinate a map activity with our history / geography lesson. I have discovered that my kids really enjoy labeling and coloring the maps. They are currently in the Ancient World book. It includes maps that coordinate perfectly with Biblical history.
I love the lesson plans that are provided at the beginning of each book. There are suggested activities for students of all ages as well as some optional activities. I have been using just one map at a time; however, the maps are proving to be so helpful that I am working on printing and binding the entire set of blank maps for each child and the set of completed map keys and lesson plans for myself. I have always had a total geography block; but, with the way Terri lays out the lesson plans and the maps and coordinates them with history, I am finally (at my OLD age) getting a grasp on geography.
What are the advantages of the Map-Trek 6-Ebook Set? Well, check this out straight from the Knowledge Quest website:
With Map Trek Historical Atlas and Outline Maps, you, as the teacher, can...
- Have over 350 World History Maps at your fingertips.
- Print them all or just the ones you need today.
- Print multiple copies for your family's use. (Schools, classrooms and co-ops can take advantage of our volume discounts or site license agreement.)
- Never worry about lesson plans for your historical outline maps. We've included them for you!
- Have different aged students working at their own ability. No more trying to stretch the lesson up or down.
With Map Trek Historical Atlas and Outline Maps, your students can...
- See the landscape (i.e. the political boundaries, major cities, etc.) from the historical time period - instead of what the region is like today.
- Label places of historical significance on their outline maps.
- Color in empires, trace travel routes, draw scales and directional symbols, etc.
- Maps don't have to be boring... Students should feel free to experiment with colored markers, pencils, paint and even glitter (this is optional, of course!)
- Finished maps can be posted to the bulletin board or refrigerator or placed in a history notebook.
We are completely and thoroughly enjoying our use of the Map-Trek 6-Ebook Set. It is fabulous to have a product that can fit with virtually any history or geography curriculum and can be used with multiple age groups (grades 1-12). For all of this, the entire Map-Trek 6-Ebook Set is available for only $47 for an instant download. Best of all, if you visit the Knowledge Quest website, you can download a sample pack of the maps for free so you can try before you buy!
My friends on the Schoolhouse Review Crew have been using this product, as well as another of Knowledge Quest’s products, and reviewing these. To read their reviews, simply visit the main crew blog for Knowledge Quest by clicking here or clicking on the graphic below.
**Disclaimer: As a member of the Schoolhouse Review Crew, I received a complimentary copy of the Map-Trek 6-Ebook Set for purposes of review. The honest opinions expressed are my own. No compensation was received.**



No comments:
Post a Comment