Review Crew

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Our Favorite New Recipe!

We are a salsa loving family!  The only problem is, we like homemade salsa instead of jarred salsa.  My go-to salsa recipe is very time consuming.  It involves chopping lots and lots of tomatoes, onions, peppers, garlic cloves, and cilantro.  It is a great recipe, and I can multiply it easily; however, it isn't one of those recipe that I can keep all of the ingredients on hand.  Over the past few weeks, I have developed a recipe for salsa that tastes fresh, but involves some ready-to-use ingredients as well as fresh ingredients.  It only takes about 5 minutes for me to put it together.  As with any salsa, it tastes great immediately, but is even better if it can chill for a while.  So,  here is the recipe -- I hope you enjoy it!!

4 cans diced tomatoes and green chilies (I use mild)
2 onions
2 T pickled jalepeno peppers (more or less to taste)
salt, pepper, garlic powder (all to taste)

In a blender or food processor, puree 3 cans of the diced tomatoes w/green chilies, one of the onions, the jalepeno peppers, and about a teaspoon each of salt, pepper, and garlic powder (you can add more later if needed).  Pour into serving dish.  Add the fourth can of tomatoes w/green chilies (don't puree these).  Finely chop the remaining onion and add it to the salsa. Adjust seasoning to suit your taste.  If you like it spicier, add more jalepenos.  If you like it milder, leave them out all together.  Chill for a while (if you can stand it), and serve with tortilla chips.  YUM!!!!!

No comments: