Review Crew

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Homemade Sodium-Free Taco Seasoning

We have recently had to change to making some adjustments in our sodium intake.  One of the things I have done is to start making my own taco seasoning.  I have tweaked this a few times and have come up with a recipe that my family enjoys.  I hope you will, too!

This makes a fairly large batch and can be used as taco seasoning or as chili seasoning.

1 cup chili powder
1/2 cup garlic powder
1/2 cup onion powder
1/2 cup cumin
**2 tsp cayenne pepper - optional - only add if you like your meat really spicy!

I combine all of these spices in a large zip-lock bag and shake to mix well.  Store in the bag or in a jar.  It takes about 2 tablespoons of seasoning mix to season 1 pound of meat.   Add more or less to suit your taste.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: