Over the past 26 years I have been a pastor’s wife and mom, I have experienced many instances where understanding the personality style of a person was crucial to understanding the behavior of a person. “PeopleKeys® has developed a state-of-the-art, online, delivery system that provides instant access to the world’s most trusted behavioral assessment tools from anywhere in the world.” I was given the opportunity to use and review the StudentKeys Online Student Strengths Report. PeopleKeys offers a variety of both online and workbook style assessments.
The StudentKeys Online Student Strengths Report is a multi-faceted report which can is designed for anyone ages 13 and up. My twenty-three year old son is a graduate student. We have often, as of late, accused him of desiring to be a perpetual student. After studying the results he got on this online assessment, I totally understand why he is the way he is about school. It took Jed about 30 minutes to complete the entire assessment. It was easy to login and very user friendly. He simply answered questions that were multiple choice. Once completed, his report was generated. The report was 34 pages long! The first part of the report is an introduction which gives information about personality styles, perceptual styles, and cognitive styles. It is very helpful to understanding the rest of the report. Then, the actual personalized report is given. Jed was identified as a challenger style. This means:
Motivating Goals:
Dominance, discovering unique solutions
Evaluates Others By:
Self-imposed standards, expression or progressive ideas
Influences Others By:
Competition; setting a place in developing systems
Reaction to Pressure:
Sulks; becomes bored with routine; dictatorial; compassionless
Areas for Improvement:
Show warmth; become more verbal and team oriented; use the “sell not tell” approach
May Overuse:
Bluntness and criticism
Wow! This describes him to a ‘t.’ After this part of the report, we looked at his actual personality style using the DISC profile. He scored highest in the I and S styles. The I stands for influencing and the S stands for steadiness. Both of his scores were really close together. There were about 8 pages of information about each of the personality styles, including strengths and weaknesses of each, how each style communicates, and self-awareness / self-improvement worksheets.
Next, the report included his Perceptual Style. This means, how does he learn. I have always thought he was an auditory learner and this report confirmed it. He has always been one who could hear a lecture and just remember it without writing anything down. There were many pages of explanation of each style as well as several self-awareness / self-improvement worksheets.
Finally, the report included his Cognitive Thinking Style. Jed was identified as a “Theoretical” learner. This is so true!!! I know this group of characteristics is a bit long, but I want my readers to see how amazingly thorough this report is:
Your strengths are:
Keeping emotion out of your work
Knowing where to go for information; collecting information
Creating theories from fact
Breaking an idea into separate parts
Thinking carefully before acting
You may have difficulty with:
Following the same routine daily
Living up to self-imposed standards
Knowing when the job is done
Changing without logical reasons
Coming to a quick decision
Accepting other points of view
Giving a brief response
After reading the part about him having difficulty knowing when the job is done, I understood why he wants to get more and more degrees. He honestly can’t figure out when he needs to stop going to school and he cannot come to a quick decision about his career.
I think the report has been eye opening for Jed as well as for me. He has really been studying his results and working through the worksheets diligently. He is trying to enhance his strengths and recognize when his weaknesses come into play.
The StudentKeys Online Student Strengths Report is only $20 per individual assessment, with discounts available when multiple assessments are ordered. This assessment can be a valuable tool for homeschoolers, teachers, employers, parents, counselors, and anyone who works with people. It gives great insight into how and why a person learns and relates.
My friends on the Schoolhouse Review Crew have been using this tool as well as other tools available from PeopleKeys. To read their reviews, click on the banner below.



No comments:
Post a Comment