
KidScoop's Reluctant Reader Solution is a creative set of 365 small unit-type studies. Also available on KidScoop is a beautifully laid out "kid-friendly" newspaper. The newspaper is available to read online and print as desired. A cool feature of the newspaper is that students can choose to have the computer read to them. This is great for the younger reader who is struggling with word recognition.
The Reluctant Reader pages are engaging and full of activities. My eleven year old daughter was the perfect age for these sheets. She is not always the most enthusiatic reader. These sheets allow her to practice reading without realizing she is doing so.
On the KidScoop website, you can also sign up for "30 Days of Reading Fun." This is a series of thirty e-mails you receive, each containing a unique reading idea. I'm all for anything to make readi
ng fun.This is a view of the opening page of the latest issue of the KidScoop News. It is colorful and packed full of really fun and interesting activities. Do you know how lead gets into a pencil? I didn't, until I read the KidScoop News! Most of the activities are geared toward middle-late elementary ages. There are a few activities provided for a younger reader. I did not print the KidScoop News. My kids viewed and read it online. (Only because my colored ink was running really low!) The Reluctant Reader Solution pages are in black and white. They are quick prints and would be great to keep on hand to supplement any reading curriculum. I could really picture myself keeping a few sets handy to grab for that unexpected long wait at the doctor's or dentist's office. The only supplies neccessary are the worksheets and a pencil (
or, for my dd - colored pencils).For $97, purchasers have access to downloadable packets of worksheets covering almost 60 topics that are kid and parent friendly and a monthly 20 page online Kid Scoop newspaper in full color. If you have a struggling reader, only you can determine the value of this type of program. KidScoop does offer a unique 365 day money-back guarantee. I think this type of customer service is greatly appreciated.
I did find their website a little difficult to navigate - partly because there is so much available on the website beyond the Reluctant Reader Solution and the KidScoop News.
To see what other TOS Crewmembers have to say about KidScoop, go to http://homeschoolblogger.com/homeschoolcrew/783761/
**As usual, I received no compensation from TOS or KidScoop in exchange for this review. The opinions expressed are my own.**


1 comment:
You're doing great with your reviews and your blog is super cute. I have awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award! :-) You can check out all the info here:
http://ourbestdaze.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-awardfor-me.html
Post a Comment