Review Crew

Friday, February 4, 2011

Can you Dig-It?


Roman Town: (click on the caption or picture to go to the Dig-It Games website!)
The world’s best Interactive Archaeology Computer Game for kids ages 8 to 88
Have all the fun of a real archaeological excavation without getting your hands dirty!
◦Dig in and participate in a full excavation from start to finish
◦Find authentic artifacts at a real dig site
◦Learn about Roman Daily Life – accurate, historical information
◦Replay for hours of Archaeological fun and learning
◦Fun for the whole family – from 8 to 88 years old
Roman Town is an interactive game where kids will be able to explore ancient Roman culture and civilization. The game is currently available as a c.d. program. There is also a multi-use version for teachers and a parents guide available. The game is actually reasonably priced right now to TOS readers because Dig-It games is offering a discount to those readers. While Roman Town is regularly $39.95, between now and February 21, 2011 you can get Roman Town for just under $20.00 with the code TOS2011 (I believe the final price is $19.96).
This game is ideal for a homeschool family that is studying ancient cultures like Rome or for the family studying archeology. I did make one mistake with the game and that was I loaded mine onto my laptop instead of our p.c. Manipulating the game would be much easier with a regular mouse rather than a touchpad. My son got frustrated after a while of playing when using the touchpad to control his actions. I think that if we try attaching a regular mouse to my laptop, the frustration would be ended. He did say that, to him, the game was a little slow. Now, I don't know if that was because he is used to the video gaming system games that are popular today or because it was really slow. I think the mouse issue may have been the root of the problem, honestly.
Take some time and explore the Dig-It Games website. There are some interactive computer games and activities to even further enrich your Roman Town studies.
Roman Town is an educationally enriching experience. To see what other reviewers have to say about Roman Town, take a look here: http://homeschoolblogger.com/homeschoolcrew/783744/.
**I was not compensated in any way by TOS or Dig-It Games in exchange for this review. The opinions expressed are my own.**

1 comment:

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

I've made the mistake of telling my children about this too soon. We didn't get to review it, but I'm hoping to purchase a copy as soon as it's available to Australia.

:) Catherine (TOS crew member)