Review Crew

Monday, November 28, 2011

Fabulous and Frugal!

One of my family's favorite recipes during the Christmas season is Super Moist Double Chocolate Chip Muffins. These are soooooooo easy to make that it is embarrassing! Enjoy!

1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 can of pumpkin puree (15 oz)
1 cup mini-chocolate chips

Mush cake mix and pumpkin together. Add chocolate chips. Scoop batter into greased muffin tins (I use the miniature muffin tins and spray with no-stick spray. A small ice cream scoop is great for portioning the batter.) Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean (melted chocolate doesn't count as dirty. LOL!)
Serve warm or cool - they actually get more moist as they are stored. I store them in a large ziplock bag or a plastic container with a lid. I usually get around 48 mini muffins from this recipe. It is great to make and take to a breakfast gathering, too.

I almost always have the ingredients for these muffins on hand. As a matter of fact, I usually double the recipe and use the large can of pumpkin and 2 cake mixes. If you are not a chocolate lover, use a different flavor of cake mix and add in nuts or dried fruit instead of chocolate chips. I haven't found a combination yet that my family didn't love.

No comments: