Review Crew

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Z-Guide to the Movies

Are you looking for an easy way to incorporate movies into your study of history?  Zeezok’s Z-Guide to the Movies is just the ticket!  When I was in school (let’s not even go to what year that was), it was such a special treat to be able to have a movie day.  My kids are the same way.  When they ask “what are we doing in school today,” and the answer is “watching a movie,” the reaction is pure delight. The%20Great%20Escape%20DVD%20Cover

We were given the Z-Guide to accompany The Great Escape.  This is an older movie set in World War II.  It is one of my son’s favorite movies.  The Z-Guide for this movie is geared toward high school age children.  It contains background information about World War II, vocabulary to investigate, and a study through the movie.  This is not a study that can be completed in one sitting.  It is very thorough and actually takes a few weeks and a couple of viewings of the movie to be able to complete it thoroughly.  I must say, Z-Guides greatly enhance both the viewing of a movie and the study of history.

While perusing the Zeezok website, I found that they have a history timeline on the left sidebar.  If you click on a time period in the timeline, the Z-Guide(s) appropriate to that timeline will be displayed.  Talk about convenient!  No more searching through movie databases wondering what movie would be appropriate for a study of ancient Rome or the Great Depression.  This takes the guesswork out completely.  There are studies available for many ages, and some samples are available on the website.  Each Z-Guide is sold for $12.99. on the Zeezok website. We have used the downloadable product and have had no issues at all with it.  It was a simple download and I love being able to print the pages I need when I need them. 

Overall, we are enjoying the Z-Guide to the movies.  This is the second Z-Guide we have had the pleasure of using.  I think we will be using more of them.  To read my review of the first Z-Guide we used, click here.  To read reviews from other TOS Homeschool Crew Members, go to the main crew blog, here

**I have received no compensation from TOS or Zeezok in exchange for this review.**

No comments: