Review Crew

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My Favorite Holiday Recipe

Every family has cooking traditions at the holidays.  Our hands-down favorite food tradition is my homemade monkey bread on Christmas morning.  I put the bread together on Christmas eve, leave it in the frige overnight, and bake it on Christmas morning. It is so simple!

4-6 ten count cans of biscuits
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cinnamon
2 sticks butter

Cut biscuits into fourths and place in a large (gallon size) ziplock bag.  Dump in the sugar and cinnamon. Seal the bag and shake to coat the biscuit pieces.  In a well greased bundt pan, layer the coated biscuit pieces with chunks of butter.  Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.  Turn out of pan onto a plate after cooling for 10 minutes.  Yum!!!

     I hope you enjoy this recipe.  To read other blogs about cooking for the holidays, click on the links at the end of this post. If you would like to be entered in the giveaways for this 5 Days of Preparing for the Holidays series, visit my giveaway page.  Knowledge Box Central has graciously donated 5 fabulous products for me to give to my readers this week!
PreparingfortheHolidays

3 comments:

Cristi said...

That sounds like a yummy breakfast, especially for the people in my family with a sweet tooth. I think I'll make some when we have company for Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Yummy - growing up our tradition was banana nut bread - my husband hates it so I didn't continue that tradition :( and my dad would bake it! I've wanted to try monkey bread but hated the time it took for everything to rise so this will be definitely given a try this year.

Unknown said...

Monkey Bread is so Yummy, I am thinking we are going to have to make some now. Thanks for reminding me